An automated inspection software tool that digitizes the procedure of inspecting roads for defects.
Easy to access data
database holding road information that can be accessed remotely.
easy access to the road maintenance manual.
The system is able to register all users with appropriate details
all registered users should be properly verified and authenticated before using of the offered serveces.
The purpose of an automated inventory control system is to save the business time and encourage a more organized and efficient business process.
This will be achieved through automation of various processes such as calculating total sales automatically every single end day, automatically checking the inventory against the reorder point and generating a purchase order, automatically calculating the profit of a sold item and projecting profit of the whole stock.
It takes a lot of time to manually keep track of sales and place correct orders to vendors, wasting useful labor.
A product which would assist in tackling the above-mentioned problem would prove to be fruitful as it would help convert the unproductive time to something more useful, by removing unnecessary error-prone complication and efforts.
Basic idea is that at the end of each day, the system analyzes the total sale of stock and deducts the appropriate amount from the resource database.
It then compares the currently available resource with the threshold level of each Item.
If it finds that certain Item is below the threshold, it will generate a purchase order for those items and send it to the manager (admin) for approval.
Automate the control system
Calculate total sells products at the end of each day and compares with the stock present and generate the daily reports.
Compares available product stock and generates an updated purchase order and sends to the manager.
To analyze the current inventory control systems and the way they operate and find ways of automating such systems to better performance.
To design a system that will automate the control system of inventory management.
To code and test the system designed into an actual form of operation.
To implement the developed system.
Register product categories, products within the categories and system users while assigning them login details.
Control stock by automatically deducting items at the time of selling and showing the remaining stock and generating item purchase order.
Calculate profits after sales of products and also provide the projected profits for the entire available stock.
Allow registration of clients to the system.
Allow registration of system users.
Keep a record of the stock amount.
Keep a record of the supplier's details.
Produce warnings in case of a threshold level of the product are detected.
Keep a record of customer payment details.
Should perform as optimally as possible.
Throughout the market environment many retailers are willing to know what product is purchased with the other or if a particular products are purchased together as a group of items. Which can help in their decision making with respect to placement of product, determining the timing and extent of promotions on product and also have a better understanding of customer purchasing habits by grouping customers with their transactions? This project is aimed at designing and implementing a well-structured market basket analysis software tool to solve the problem stated above.
AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The aim of the study is to maximize profit for the retailers by providing better services to the consumers the objective of this study are:
• Cross Market Analysis Data Mining performs Association/correlations between product sales.
• Identifying Customer Requirements helps in identifying the best products for different customers. It uses prediction to find the factors that may attract new customers.
• Customer profiling helps to determine what kind of products customer buy.
• To have a great product placement in a shop.
Data Preprocessing Due to the fact that the data we are getting is a raw data, raw data in the real world may be incomplete it has to be preprocessed the raw data has to go through data cleaning, data integration, data normalization, data reduction because without a quality data there will be no quality mining results.
• Data cleaning: This has to do with filling of missing values, resolving of inconsistencies in the raw data.
• Data integration: combining data from multiple sources and generating the user with unified view of the data
• Normalization: normalization is used to minimize or to reduce redundancy. data reduction: reduction of the data set that is much smaller in volume but yet yields the same analytical results
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
• My aim is to develop my very own market basket analysis software.
• The software will exhibit a colorful GUI (graphical user interface).
• I intend to conduct a research into the various branches of science that this software will be based on, such as data mining and data warehouse.
• The software will be based on Apriori algorithm.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitations of this software will include:
• Time constraints: this is also a major factor due to the fact that i will be developing the software a short timeframe and alongside other semester studies.
• Data restrictions: this is a major factor that stands in the way of the execution of this project. Since there is no data on households and individual consumers , I will be much using my own item set that I would have collected from the market.